AutoDocMail is a plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat® or Adobe® Acrobat Professional® software for automatic distribution of PDF documents via e-mail. Use this software to automatically email PDF documents that contain recipient email addresses as part of the document text or properties. E-mail volumes of personalized PDF documents such as invoices, statements, reports, bills and etc. Increase your productivity and save valuable time.
- Software Features
- Download Step-by-Step Getting Started Guide (PDF)
- Download 30-days Trial Version
- System Requirements
- Buy Software Online
The plug-in takes a list of PDF files as input and searches documents text, annotations and properties for email addresses (including "cc" and "bcc") and message subjects. The results of this search are presented to the user for review and editing. User can add or remove recipients, modify message subject or content of each e-mail message. Once satisfied with the results, user sends documents for distribution via e-mail. Outgoing documents can be optionally secured with a password with specific access permissions (such as editing, printing and etc.). The plug-in maintains a message log that records a date, time, file name, and all recipients of each document / e-mail message.
- Full Adobe Acrobat Integration
- The plug-in adds "Plug-ins > Auto-Email Documents..." menu and a corresponding toolbar button to the Adobe Acrobat user interface. There is no separate application to launch - all functionality is fully integrated with familiar Acrobat interface.
- User interface snapshots (click on any dialog to see a full image):
- Distribute Multiple Files At Once
- The plug-in takes multiple PDF files as input and automatically routes them to the correct recipients saving your valuable time and increasing your productivity. Distribute hundreds or thousands of PDF documents with simplicity of sending a single e-mail. Just select input files and the software will do the rest.
- Auto-Recognize E-mail Addresses
The plug-in automatically searches PDF documents for email addresses (including
"cc" and "bcc"), message subjects, custom names for the attachments and greeting
lines. Document's text, annotations and properties
can be searched for this information. Specify default e-mail recipients, message
text and subjects to automate document distribution.
Here is a typical example of a letter:
- Map Filenames To Email Addresses
- The plug-in provides an option to determine a recipient for each outgoing file based on a user-defined filename-to-email mapping.
Simply type in filenames and corresponding email addresses and the plug-in will do the rest.
- Block Specific E-mail Addresses
- The plug-in provides ability to block certain e-mail addresses from being used/recognized. This feature is useful when document's contains certain e-mail addresses as a part of text which should be excluded from a recipient's list.
- Use Annotations to Designate E-mail Recipients
- Use text annotations to add e-mail recipients and message subjects to the PDF documents that do not contain this information as part of the text.
Text annotations can be added using "Tools > Comments & Markup > Sticky Note" tool or using a "Typewriter" tool. These text annotations can be optionally deleted by the plug-in from the actual
files that emailed to the recipients.
- Use Document Properties to Designate E-mail Recipients
- Use document properties to add e-mail recipients and message subjects to the PDF documents that do not contain this information as part of the text.
Document properties can be edited via "File > Properties..." menu.
- Automatically Split Files
- It is very common to have a single large document that contains many pages that needs to go to a number of different recipients. For example, you may have a document that contains pay stubs for the whole company and you want to email each pay stub (1 page) to a correct person. The plug-in can optionally split an input document into a set of smaller files using a user-specified number of pages per file (1 page per file for the pay stub example). The software will handle this document as it were a set of separate files. You will only need to add an email address (and a password) to each pay stub while generating it. Most document management systems easily allow that. The plug-in optionally combines multiple sub-documents into a single file based on recipient's email address.
- Review and Confirm Results
- Easily review, edit, and modify extracted email addresses, message text and subject, preview PDF attachments before sending documents out to the recipients.
- E-mail Support
- The software offers two different ways of sending e-mails: using your existing MAPI-enabled email application or via SMTP Internet mail server. SMTP is the de facto standard for email transmissions across the Internet and provides functionality for sending volumes of e-mail messages without user interaction. The amount of the emails sent is subject to a daily quota from your email service provider.
- Managing Document Distribution Projects
- The software provides ability to create and use multiple configuration settings. Each configuration has its own name and contains all options and settings that are necessary to process and distribute documents. Using multiple configurations greatly simplifies managing different projects and reduces time necessary to switch from one project to another.
- Password Protecting Document Distribution
- Any settings configuration can be optionally secured by a password. If a configuration is protected by a password, then the plug-in prompts user to enter a password before processing documents or editing settings. Use password-protected configurations to limit access to document distribution to authorized users only.
- Use Gmail, Hotmail To Send Documents
- You can configure the plug-in to use free SMTP servers provided by Gmail or Hotmail to send out documents. Please note that you have to comply with Gmail/Hotmail end-user agreements and anti-spam policies.
- Pause Between Sending Emails
- The plug-in provides an option to pause for a user-specified number of seconds (0,1,3,5,10,15,20) between emailing groups of 5 emails. This option is useful to avoid emails labeled as spam by some internet servers.
- Multiple Attachments
- Distribute more than a single file to each recipient using a list of default attachments that should be emailed to all recipients indiscriminately.
- Secure Outgoing Documents
- Optionally secure outgoing PDF documents with a "document open" and "user permission" passwords. Restrict editing, printing and content extraction. Recipients will be required to enter a "document open" password in order to view its content. The plug-in provides three different ways of password protection: a "global" password that is the same for all outgoing documents, or a document-specific password that is extracted from document's text (and text annotations) using a "password" keyword (For example: password: abc123), or is read from document's properties (custom "Password" property is used to specify a password).
- Safety Checks
- The plug-in provides special safety checks that prevent emailing documents with page count and file size that is outside of user-specified parameters.
- Message Log
- The plug-in records date, time, file name, and all recipients for each outgoing e-mail.
- Batch Processing Support
- The plug-in adds "Auto-Email Document" batch command to the batch processing framework available in Adobe® Acrobat Professional®. This command can be used to add "auto-email" functionality to any Acrobat batch sequence.
Download and evaluate a 30-days fully featured trial version of the plug-in. The only limitation of the plug-in is a "DEMO" watermark that is added to each page of outgoing PDF document if a password-security is requested. Otherwise a trial version is absolutely identical to the full version of the plug-in.
- Microsoft® Windows Vista/2003/2008/2012/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10.
Full version of Adobe® Acrobat® software is required (versions 6, 7, 8, 9, X, XI, DC). This
software will not work with free Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. Batch processing functionality requires
presence of Adobe® Acrobat Professional®.
(Adobe Acrobat Product Comparison Chart).
- PAD File